Swifties are known for their Taylor Swift fandom, of course, but not often known for being wild about football.
That has changed in recent months though, as Taylor Swift is dating Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, and both football fans and Swifties alike are glued to their every movement.
Their star-crossed romance may just hit the most famous strip in the world this weekend, as the Las Vegas Raiders are playing the Kansas City Chiefs at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Sunday, November 26.
Of course, an event like this is going to call for a whole bunch of splash and glitter, and that means specialty cocktails in honor of the occasion. Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas is going to be marking Sunday’s event with a cocktail made with Swifties in mind.
At PRESS Lounge inside the Four Seasons, the Lavender Haze” cocktail is made with Bombay Sapphire Gin, fresh lemon juice, and housemade Butterfly Pea-infused lavender syrup, and will be available throughout Thanksgiving weekend, Friday, November 23 through Sunday, November 26.
As many of us will probably be enjoying (or suffering) a long weekend with our extended families this holiday though, there’s also the option to enjoy the game on television and make the cocktail right at home.
Lavender Haze Cocktail
- 2 oz Bombay Sapphire (or other gin)
- ½ oz fresh lemon juice
- ½ oz homemade Butterfly Pea-infused Lavender Syrup*
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice
- Strain into a martini glass, garnish with lavender sprig
- (They recommend adding a fun friendship bracelet too, because that’s what Taylor would do.)
Butterfly Pea-infused Lavender Syrup:
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/3 cup Butterfly Pea Tea Flower
- 3 fresh lemon slices
- 3 lavender sprigs
- Add water and sugar to a medium sauce pot
- Bring mixture to a boil until all sugar has dissolved
- Add remaining ingredients and turn off heat
- Allow mixture to fully cool down before refrigerating
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour with best results after 24 hours.