Once limited to billionaires, celebrities and high-level politicians, private jet travel has recently become affordable for a good number of travelers who prefer to up their budgets for the convenience offered by flying private.
The private aviation company Jet Linx has released its top five destinations for private jet travelers – the perfect inspiration for luxury travelers looking to escape this season. With the company’s 21 private base terminals nationwide, Jet Card Members and Aircraft Owners can reach thousands of remote and exotic locations around the globe. Travelers simply kick back and enjoy the service, while Jet Linx takes care of customs, catering and every possible desire. The company partners with KEY.co as part of its Elevated Lifestyle program to connect travelers to bespoke experiences across the globe.
Jet Linx’s Top 5 Private Jet Destinations
1. Bora Bora: For turquoise-blue waters, snow-white sand beaches and unrivaled luxury resorts with overwater villas, look no further than Bora Bora. Oozing romance, the island offers an unbeatable ambiance for well-heeled honeymooners. Lying on a dormant volcano, Bora Bora is also well-known for its multi-colored blue lagoons. Via a partnership with KEY.co, Jet Linx can provide private snorkeling tours, guided jet ski tours with beach picnic included and a private boat cruise of the many sparkling lagoons in the area with options for snorkeling and diving.
2. The Maldives: The Maldives, a stunning archipelagic nation positioned in the Indian Ocean southwest of India, consists of 26 awe-inspiring atolls. There are few itineraries that would offer more privacy than a private flight to the remote atolls of the Maldives, where passengers land and find themselves at one of a few sparsely-populated ultra-luxe resorts. Jet Linx and KEY.co provide island-hopping flights, speed boat travel for water adventures and many more onshore. Through use of a seaplane, guests can whisk across garlands of islands, watching whale sharks from above, and land on a good wave for a surf break. A romantic chef-prepared dinner on the beach can be coordinated along with an undersea meal at the famed Ithaa restaurant five meters below the surface, where guests savor European cuisine in a six-course set dinner menu with 180-degree panoramic views of coral gardens.
3. Aspen: The unique juxtaposition of glitz, glamour and natural wonders in Aspen has endured for more than 75 years, as it remains one of the supreme mountain towns in the U.S. The skiing speaks for itself, with hiking and biking trails appearing beneath the renowned slopes during the warmer months. This playground of the elite hums with high-end boutiques, pop-up bars from New York brands along with a food and art scene on par with the largest cities in North America. Enjoy a stay at Hotel Jerome, part of Jet Linx’s Elevated Lifestyle Preferred Hotel Program, which offers history and luxury through its warm and stately interior. Supercharge an alpine adventure with Jet Linx and KEY.co (both on- and off-mountain). Imagine heated gondolas and farm-to-table dining brought to the door via delivery or private chef. While private ski and snowboard lessons can be booked during winter months, warmer-weather adventures such as fly fishing, horseback riding, helicopter tours, guided mountain hiking and biking excursions along with private wine tastings are all possible.
4. St. Barts: Known for its swanky European vibe, flawless beaches and plenty of privacy, this Caribbean isle has long been popular for jetsetters with high-end restaurants, designer stores and its quintessential lush hills accented by red-roofed homes. Because there are no direct commercial flights, many visitors arrive by private jet or yacht. St. Barts is home to two Jet Linx Elevated Lifestyle Preferred Hotel properties – Cheval Blanc and Le Barthélemy.
5. Bali: Bali offers thousands of sights with aquamarine surf, endless beaches, temples and emerald jungles teeming with monkeys and waterfalls. This ‘Island of the Gods’ offers a little bit of everything to a varied group of travelers: yogis, surfers, design buffs, beach lovers and celebrities. Through Jet Linx’s partner KEY.co in Bali, guests have the ability to avoid tourist hotspots, as Bali has become very popular and often overcrowded. Upon landing in Bali, KEY.co provides fast-track service through customs to usher travelers around crowds and to a private vehicle to go to Nyang Nyang beach, one of Bali’s hidden secrets. A visit to Banyu Wana Amertha waterfall or Tukad Cepung waterfall provides options for unexplored natural areas. Snorkeling in Menjangan Island offers seven world-class dive sites easily reached by a private chartered boat, but more airy adventures like helicopter tours can also be arranged. On the cultural spectrum, KEY.co can prepare private visits and retreats to many temples, or arrange a starlight dinner in a stunning cave hideaway in the caves of Samabe.