Chiefs receiver Mecole Hardman vehemently denies leaking Jets’ game plan


Join Fox News for access to this content

Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge.

Please enter a valid email address.

By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided.

Having trouble? Click here.

The drama between Super Bowl hero Mecole Hardmon and his former team continues to unfold with the Kansas City Chiefs wideout vehemently denying allegations that he leaked the New York Jets’ game plans during his brief tenure with the team last season. 

Hardman, coming off his third Super Bowl victory with the Chiefs, took to social media on Friday to dismiss allegations that he was responsible for leaking game plans when he played with the Jets earlier this season. 

Mecole Hardman with Lombardi Trophy

Wide receiver Mecole Hardman Jr., #12 of the Kansas City Chiefs, lifts the Lombardi trophy after Super Bowl LVIII against the San Francisco 49ers at Allegiant Stadium on February 11, 2024, in Las Vegas, Nevada.  (Luke Hales/Getty Images)

“There were FALSE accusations made about me and MY CHARACTER! To set the record straight, I have never and would never leak gameplans to another team,” he wrote in a post on X.  

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“I have never been a person to give an opponent an upper hand. I always want to win no matter the circumstances!!!!!” 

The allegations stem from a since-deleted post made by Jets’ cornerback Sauce Gardner, who responded to criticisms Hardman made of the team during a podcast earlier this week. 

“We ain’t gon talk about how our offensive gameplan got leaked vs. the Eagles tho,” Gardner reportedly said in the message, according to the New York Post. 

Mecole Hardman with Jets

Mecole Hardman Jr., #6 of the New York Jets, warms up prior to a football game at AT&T Stadium on September 17, 2023, in Arlington, Texas.  (Cooper Neill/Getty Images)

JETS PUNTER FIRES BACK AFTER CHIEFS’ MECOLE HARDMAN BLASTS FORMER TEAM: ‘DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEES’

Hardman, who began the 2023 season with the Jets before getting traded back to the Chiefs after just six games, did not hold back on detailing his experience in New York during “The Pivot” podcast on Tuesday. 

“It’s the lies and the way they handled me. I didn’t like it at all,” he said. 

Hardman also called out the Jets’ offense, saying the team had no plan after quarterback Aaron Rodgers went down with a season-ending injury.

Mecole Hardman scores touchdown

Mecole Hardman Jr., #12 of the Kansas City Chiefs, celebrates after catching the game-winning touchdown in overtime to defeat the San Francisco 49ers 25-22 during Super Bowl LVIII at Allegiant Stadium on February 11, 2024, in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Ezra Shaw/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“It was over with. I had already talked to [Chiefs General Manager Brett] Veach and [quarterback Patrick Mahomes] like, ‘Come get me,'” he continued, adding that he had been “checked out” early on.

Hardman also responded to allegations of tampering earlier in the week, saying he “never had talks with KC before the trade.”

This season, Hardman returned to the Chiefs, for whom he would score the game-winning touchdown in overtime to defeat the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl LVIII.

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

 





Source link

About The Author

Scroll to Top